Demo: A Guide to Virtual Machine App Security

Trend Micro -

It may seem like are the go-to method for cloud building, however 95% applications run on traditional infrastructure deployments like dedicated servers, shared , and virtual machines (VMs). While Gartner has predicted that by 2022 15% of will be using containers, that still leaves 85% continuing to run many applications and services as server-based deployments. Servers don’t seem to be going anywhere anytime soon.

Enterprises have run legacy architectures for more than a decade while serving their growing customer base. During this time, they’ve addressed capacity constraint challenges with cloud platforms. The cloud has enabled organizations to replace physical boxes with flexible, scalable VMs on Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Google Compute Engine™ (GCE), and others.

There’s value in continuing these well-defined development and delivery practices while deploying applications on a virtual cloud platform. It can be easier to develop and operate legacy applications on traditional architecture than it is to build them with containers without upseting your workflow.

Let’s explore ensure your VM applications are secure by protecting a sample Spring Framework (Java) application with Trend Micro Cloud One™ – Application Security.

Application Security Challenges

requirements often drive application security. But unfortunately, sometimes compliance

Read More: https://www.trendmicro.com/en_us/devops/21/j/virtual-machine-security-guidelines.html